Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Storing appostrophe's in SQL

Hi Jeff,

If your code will always be running on Excel 2000 or higher versions of
Excel you can use the VBA Replace function to do this.

Dim szSQLString As String
szSQLString = Replace(txtEntry.Text, "'", "''")

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Jeff" wrote in message
I have a text box that allows the user to type in free
form text. I want to save it to a SQLServer database
table. If the user types in <Here's Johnny!, I can insert
it into SQLServer by inserting the text string <Here''s
Johnny!

My question: is there a function that does this, or do I
process the text string before I insert it to double all
the appostrophe's?

Thanks!