Dave Peterson

The only time I've seen this is when the original workbook was created in a
different program--crystal reports or Lotus 123.

I included a few "sacrificial" cells in my selection, made my changes to all of
them.

Then went back and fixed the sacrificial cells to the way they were supposed to
be. (Try a cell way out of the way of where the data really is.)

===
You may want to try copying the cells, then paste special formulas and paste
special formats into a new worksheet to see if you can format the cells then.

David McColloch wrote:

I have a XLS file converted from Quattro. I want to change number formats in
a column. I highlight the cells, then click on FORMAT, CELL, but nothing
happens, none of the possible cell formats pop up. I tried EDIT, GOTO,
SPECIAL and still nothing happens. I looked to see if the cells were
protected, but this does not seem to be the case. Any ideas on what to do?
THANKS!!

--

Dave Peterson