Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default byref errors

Ryan,

Is it possible that you have chart sheets in the workbook? If
so, wksheet won't be a worksheet. If you have chart sheets, use

For Each wksheet In myBook.Worksheets

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ryan H." wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
I just tried that and I still get a "byref argument type

mismatch", which is
a compile error

Let me just mention that wksheet comes from a for each

statement as follows:
For Each wksheet In myBook.Sheets

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Ryan,

If you are not taking the return value of the Foo function,

don't
enclose the parameter in parentheses. E.g.,

Foo wksheet

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Ryan H." wrote in message

e.rogers.com...
Hi,

I have a function that accepts the following parameter:

Function Foo(wsheet as Worksheet)
End Function

when I call the function as in the following:

Foo(wksheet)

I get a ByRef error. Why can I send worksheet as a

parameter? I
think it has
something to do with references. The only way I see out of

this
is to make
the variable global, which offcourse is bad. How can this

be
done?

Thanks