Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default What's wrong with this code, please?

Cells(i,111).Value never equals Cells(12,j)

j never gets initialized and you are using On Error Resume Next, so you
never see the error

k is never initialized and you are using On Error Resume Next, so you never
see the error.

Just some possibilities.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim Berglund" wrote in message
I have 4 columns with data in them. I first check to see if two cells

match.
If so, I want to fill in the value of a cell in a third column with the
corresponding value from a 4th Column. Nothing happens...

For i = 5 To numberofRows
If Cells(i, 111).Value = Cells(12, j).Value Then
Cells(k, j).Value = Cells(i, 112).Value
k = k + 1
End If
Next

Help would be appreciated. BTW, thanks to those who have assisted in
previous requests.

Jim Berglund