Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Password Entry

No supported with an inputbox. If you create a userform that looks like an
inputbox, you can use the passwordchar attribute/property of the textbox to
do this.

Tom Ogilvy

"Diane Mallin" wrote in message
I have password protected a proceedure using a simple input box at the

start
of my code - e user has to input a text string "password" for the code to
run - if they don't know the password it will not run. This is only to
prevent certain individuals from inadvertently running the attached macro
assigned to a button on a spreadsheet.

What I have been unable to figure out is how to set this up so that the
users input appears on screen as a series of ******* instead of actual

text.

(Using Excel 2000)

Any help greatly appreciated