Dana DeLouis

excel file open and opened another, a separate excel window would open...

Not sure on this one, but would it be the following...

Tools | Options | View Tab | and uncheck "Windows in Taskbar"

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"Dave Berry" <Dave wrote in message
I am trying to open two excel windows side by side. I just upgraded to
Office 2003. Previously, I had office XP on my computer and when I had a
excel file open and opened another, a separate excel window would open. I
could compare the two files side by side, minimize one window or another
and
move the windows where I pleased. The only way to do this that I know of
in
Office 2003 is open the 2 files I want to view and then go Window-
Compare
Side By Side. This is not exactly what I am looking for. I want the
windows
to be two separate entities. I want the same functionality as the
previous
version of excel. Please help.