Ian D. Weatherall

Default Avoiding typing similar formula 600 times

Hi Folks,
I have a workbook with a list of associates and the hours they are to work
in a week.
I have a second workbook with the associates listed acrose the bottom
(b.....t), cells a4....a18 are numbered 15....1, which leaves me with a grid.
I would like to change a cell colour or have the word goal appear above each
associate depending on hours work.
Example:
Associate_1 is working 40 hours their goal would be to achieve 10 units,
therefore the #10 cell turns green. I can complete the conditional formatting
formula to make this happen and it does work, but unless I am wrong I have to
change the cell references for each cell, a cell at a time there for with 40
associates I have 600 cells to apply conditional formatting to.
Any thoughts on how I can make this easy?
I hope I have explained things clearly enough, the autofill function wont
change the cell references for me.
Thank you in advance,
Ian