Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,sci.math
fred fred is offline

Default Excel Math Bug

BOULDERDASH!!! This is a horrible bug in Excel (whereof I was
previously unaware). It is very standard that exponentiaion takes
precedence over negation. Ask any semi-decent high school student to
draw a graph of y = -x^2, and what will you get?

Thank you sir!

As another poster noted, M.P.E.P is a programming forum, but told that it
violates math convention, they still argue. They probably just didn't
believe me.

Another said "much ado about nothing", but I think this is a horrible bug
too. Excel should at least follow regular math conventions. What other
surprizes await?!