Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
animal1881[_2_] animal1881[_2_] is offline

Default How do I use VBA to add a formula?

hello Xpertz!

I'm sure this question has been asked, but anyway...

I need to do some math on a cost sheet. Simple stuff:

Range(row1, column3) = Range(row1,column1)*Range(row1,column2)

What I would like to do is make column3 autoupdate whenever I chang
column1 or column2. I tried using formulas like this:

Range(row1, column3).Formula = "=" & Range(row1,column1).Address(True
True, , True)*Range(row1,column2).Address(True, True, , True)

But that only makes column3 show a zero. Worse yet, sometimes column
or 2 is empty or a string. I noticed that if I manually enter
formula on the complete table it works fine, only when I try it in vb
do I have a problem