Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default Can I do this with a TextBox?

Stuart

See Andy's comments here

http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004...heck_a_te.html

It seems that setting DisplayAlerts to False will prevent that "check rest
of sheet" message. I haven't tested it, but Andy's pretty solid.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Stuart" wrote in message
Many thanks for all the help.

Regards.

"Dick Kusleika" wrote in message

"Stuart" wrote in message

One last question please:
How can I obtain a list of the Event options associated
with a textbox .... (and that goes for Objects/Controls
generally)? I'm sure I've seen a way to do this as soon
as the textbox (eg) is created?

Controls from the Forms or Drawing toolbars don't have events, only

OnAction
(basically a click event). Only ActiveX controls have events like
Deactivate. If you want to avoid that specific error, I think you only

need
to put your Unprotect line in the SelectionChange event. That will

allow
the user to select a protected cell, but once the EnableSelection line

is
run it will kick them to the next unprotected cell. I didn't test that,

but
I think it will work.

If you need to find the event associated with ActiveX controls, the

easiest
way is to open the sheet module that contains the controls. Use the

left
pulldown to find the control and right pulldown will show all the

events.

So if I found a (say) Textbox_Deactivate or Deselect
event, I might be able to use that to check the cell the
user had exited to, and test that for being locked ......
if so, return user to the textbox.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel