Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
D[_6_] D[_6_] is offline

Default Excel Grid to Template/Form?

Hey guys-
Just wondering here- I have a standard Excel sheet with all my cols and rows
and formulas. I then typically mail merge that into a Word Form/Template for
my final printout (this has all the corresponding fields in the form). I am
wondering if I can just keep all this in Excel- within 1 file.

So, what that looks like is I have my standard Excel grid as normal, but
then, maybe on another worksheet, my Template/Form thing that I created that
merges the fields from the grid into the print-pretty version of the form. I
can then scroll through my forms as if I am scrolling down the rows on the
grid. Does that make sense? I just want to avoid mail merging into Word each
time I want to print out a record, and would like to be able to scroll
through the records right within Excel, but on the Print-pretty form that I
created. So I can switch between the standard Excel grid, and, the Form. Can
this be done, and if so, HOW???

I can figure out how to create the form with the fields, I'm sure- I just
don't know how to have it all within one Excel file and have it all linked
in real time so that if I change something in the grid, it'll automatically
update the form.

BTW- this will be used mainly for VIEWING the data- but has the ability to
make the changes right off the form as well. Also- there are well over 32
fields in my database- all of which need to appear on this form/mail merge
template. Is this possible?
Thanks for any help on this one!