Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ryan H. Ryan H. is offline

Default sorting rows

good idea.. thanks

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
the obvious solution is to use a 5th column on the right, have it pick up
the dates in each row, then sort on this column. This would be done

either
manually or using code.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ryan H." wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
Im sorry.. I forgot to say something...

The data is in this format:

jan 13 904
mar 9 245
feb 2 593
jun 5 25
jan 5 79

I have 4 columns, in which 2 of them are dates... by the way, im writing

macro and cannot do the Data-Sort..etc..

I want them sorted this way:

jan 5 79
jan 13 904
feb 2 593
mar 9 245
jun 5 25

Thanks

Ryan

Select ALL the columns you want sorted together.

DataSort select your date column and ascending or descending.

If you need some other sort criteria such as by month or year post

back
with
details.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:41:00 GMT, "Ryan H."

wrote:

Hi,

I have a column that contains dates, and adjacent columns that

contain
data.

How can I sort the rows with respect to the dates?

Thanks