Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Dynamic Cell Selection

NumRows = 50
NumColumns = 5
Range("A1").Resize(NumRows,NumColumns).Copy

Tom Ogilvy

"Rwem" wrote in message
I'm looking for a way to dynamically select a range of cells.

I have a spreadsheet in which the number of rows and the number of columns
changes from time to time. By using the Count Worsheet function, I can
determine the number of rows and the number of columns is selected from an
array of values. I want to be able to select and copy a subset of the

total
number of cells contained in the Worksheet and paste them on a separate
Worksheet. I will always know the primary reference cell.

For example, this week the Worksheet contains 150 rows of information. I
want to copy and paste 50 rows and 5 columns of the information to a
separate worksheet. Assuming a reference cell of $A$1, the 'standard'

method
for doing this when the select range is known is: Range("A1:E50").Select.

However, since the number of rows (and columns) changes, I need to
dynamically set the selected range.

It seems that the OFFSET property might work, but I've only been

successful
at selecting a single cell rather than a range of cells.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Ron W