Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Create Concatenated List with Incremental Values

Hi
lets assume your drop down (listbox from 'Data - Validation - List')
houses in cell A8 then enter the following in A14:
=TEXT(A9;""""&$A$8&"""00")

in A15 enter
=IF(A14<$A$11,TEXT(A14+1;""""&$A$8&"""00"),"")
and copy down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Vicki wrote:
I would like to create a list by concatenating two values. The first
value is a 4-letter alpha code selected from a control named
DropDown1, and the other is an incrementing number starting with the
value in cell A9 and ending with A11, always 1 or 2-digit numbers.

Example:
DropDown1 value= ABCD
A9 = 7
A11 = 10

Desired output is a list starting in cell A14:
ABCD07
ABCD08
ABCD09
ABCD10

I've been at this for hours, and don't seem to be on the right track.
Any direction would be appreciated.