Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excel bug, variables reset?

http://support.microsoft.com/default...21&Product=ofw
OFF97: Displaying UserForm Designer Resets Global Variables

Tom Ogilvy

"RB Smissaert" wrote in message
Using Excel 2002 and 2003.
Have come across situations where a public variable that was initialized
before later for no obvious reason became uninitialized. I couldn't find

any
reason at all for this in my code. I just made sure that when the variable
was needed
it got initialized again.
I just read in the book Excel 2002 VBA by Stephen Bullen et al. the
following text (in a bold textbox, page 297):

There have been (relatively rare) cases, in Excel 97, where bugs in Excel
have caused variables to reset.
It would be wise to expect that bugs could also exist in later versions.

Is this known to happen in later Excel versions?
Are there particular situation where this is more likely to happen?

Thanks for any insight in this.

RBS