Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Workbook_Open() not running

Hi
you have to put this code in your workbook module (named 'ThisWorkbook'
in the vBA editor)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

This simple macro is in the ThisWorkbook area:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox ("Macro is running")
End Sub
But if I open the workbook, nothing happens.
If I start the macro in the testing window, everything runs fine (the
same result if I copy the macro in a new workbook and open that one).
So my conlusion is, Excel is not realising this macro while opening
the workbook.
I am using Excel 2002 SP2 on Windwos XP. The workbook is an old one,
first release using Excel 4.0, after that updated several times,
current size of the template about 2 MB.
Has any of you had similar problem with excel events.

---