Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_2_] Alan Beban[_2_] is offline

Default Select cells in a column

Evan wrote:

I need to select all the cells in Column K that have a value. It starts with
K3 and can be any number of cells below, but there are never blank cells
mixed in - its always consecutive. Here is what I have. It works, but seems
"sloppy" for lack of a better word:

ActiveSheet.Range(range("k3"),Cells(ActiveSheet.Ra nge("A65536").End(xlUp).Ro
w, 11)).select

Is there a way to refer to the last used cell in column K without using the
Cells method? Meaning a literal way such as:

Range("k3",ActiveSheet.Range("K65536").End(xlUp).R ow, K) Obviously this
doesn't work, but I was looking for something without using the numeric
index of the column.

thanks

Set rng = Range("K1")
Range(rng(3), rng(rng(65536).End(xlUp).Row)).Select

Alan Beban