Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Willman Paul Willman is offline

Default Modifying an Excel Chart in VB - DOM question

I've got a VB6 app that modifies a worksheet that a few charts use for their data. When I recreate the worksheet, the series for the charts are all out of whack, and I need to recreate them.

I've been able to find scant information on programmatically modifying chart series information (using VB6). Here's what I know so far:

1) The total # of series in the chart
chtChart.SeriesCollection.Count

2) set the name of the chart in the legend
chtChart.SeriesCollection(i).Name

3) set the range of the series in the chart
chtChart.SeriesCollection(i).values = <some range

I need to know the following:

1) How do I specify how the data is displayed (i.e. as a vertical bar or as a data point connected by a (roughly) horizontal line)

2) How do I specify the color of the displayed data bar/line

3) How do I specify the pattern of the displayed data line (i.e. It has a triangle on it, it has a circle on it, etc...)

I hope that this makes sense and that this is the correct forum to post this in.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Paul Willman