Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier[_8_] Jon Peltier[_8_] is offline

Default CommandBar code does NOT work if Excel is Already Open :(

How do you assign the Excel application to the ExcelApp object variable?
If Excel is already open, you need to use GetObject to find the existing
instance.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

sbriscoe < wrote:

Hi.
Here is the code that I am using:

theWorksheet.Activate();

ToolBar = ExcelApp.CommandBars["Standard"];
ToolBar.Controls["Save"].Visible = false;
ToolBar.Controls["Open"].Visible = false;
ToolBar.Controls["New"].Visible = false;

theWorksheet.Deactivate();

If Excel is already running on my machine - then the Save/New and Open
buttons are STILL visible.

If Excel is not already running - then the buttons are gone.

I am not sure how to solve this problem....

---