Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Mertes Mike Mertes is offline

Default XL & Access 2000, ADODB and the Find Method

G'day MVPs!

I think I've got an easy question for you.

I'm connecting to Access 2000 databases using ADO code. I was previously
familiar with the conventions of DAO coding, but as of the ADO update, they
changed some of the methods and functions and they now have a different
syntax.

I want to use the find method to search a recordset for a string in a
variable, like this:

Dim MyVariable as String
recordsetCosts.Find "Equipment like MyVariable"

(equipment being the name of the column/field)

But, it doesn't appear there is any way to find a string other than hard
coding it, like this:

recordsetCosts.Find "Equipment like 'hard coded string' "

Can someone clarify the syntax of the find method?

TIA,
Mike