Barb Reinhardt

G50 =IF(ISBLANK(A50)=FALSE,SUM(F50:F$3000),"")
Copy down to G5000

H50 = IF(AND(G50=6,G51<6),A50+180,"")
Again, copy down to H5000.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for.

"qflyer" wrote in
message ...

Hey guys,

I'm a pilot and I keep my logbook in excel. I am required to fly at
least 6 instrument approaches within the past 180 days to be current.

Column A lists the date of each individual flight. Column F is the
number of instrument approaches flown on each flight. I'm trying to
figure out a formula to look at column F from the most recent date and
sum the approaches until it totals at least 6, and then add 180 days to
the last flight so I know when I lose my currency.

For example, I fly 2 approaches on Jan 1, 3 on Feb 10, and 1 on March
20.

I'll be current for 180 days after Jan 1. After Jun 30, I won't be
current because I've only got 4 approaches within the past 180 days
(Feb 10th and March 20th).
So I'm looking for a formula that will tell me I lose currency after
June 30th.

Assuming I fly 2 more approaches on, say, March 25th, I'll be current
until Feb 10th + 180 days. The approaches on Jan 1st don't matter
anymore because summing just 6 approaches from today's date would stop
as soon as it finds at least 6 approaches, 2 on Mar 25th, + 2 on Mar
20th, + 3 on Feb 10th.

Date Approaches
1/1/2005 2
2/10/2005 3
3/20/2005 2
3/25/2005 2

I think it's a simple formula if only I explained it clearly enough.
The values are entered in cells A50:A3000 and F50:F3000

Thanks a lot,
Scott

--
qflyer