Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
simsjr simsjr is offline

Default Click Button to Load External Data Into Spreadsheet

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to create a spreadsheet template with an "update" button on it. When clicked, this button should tell Excel to grab data from an external database and place it in specified columns. Furthermore, this Excel template should be able to apply conditional formatting to the new data if it meets certain criteria.

Do I need to know VB for this, or can a macro do this work for me?