Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Alternative to updating 300,000 links in Excel 2000?

Steve,

very likely no donwload needed as ADO should be installed on your
machine,.

in the VBE in Tools/References find
Microsoft Active Data Objects Version xx

there are probably a few veriosn listed.
2.5 is well regarded
(latest version is 2.8 but for this there's no need to download it)

put a checkmark on the 2.5 version (or newer)
close the References dialog)

Then / Debug /Compile 'VBAprojectname' and it should compile ok.

--
keepITcool

Steve wrote :

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I'm kind of new at this. I am
not sure what I have to download and install for me to get started...
if you get a chance, can you point me to the correct link? thanks...

I found the following, but don't know exactly what I need.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/

I have XP professional operating system at home and windows 2000 at
work. I have excel 2002 at home and excel 2000 at work.

Thanks...

Option Explicit
'Code needs a reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 or
higher)