Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default VBA to VB

"Mike Iacovou" skrev i melding
Will automating an excel object from VB work with office 97 (i know 2000+

should be ok)?
I think considering i have never tried, the best i can hope to do is

automate excel by correctly declaring variables / referncing functions etc
etc. I guess i will follow that route.
any further tips / resources greatly appreciated. thanks for your replies.

Yes, it will work. But beware, references in early binding will not
"downgrade". See
http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...baoleolebasics
on early binding/late binding.

I fail to see the reason for creating a standalone app if it needs Microsoft
Office to run anyway. VBA and VB6 is really the very same thing and
therefore equally powerful. (But that's really none of my business, sorry
;-)

Best wishes Harald