Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jamie Collins Jamie Collins is offline

Default help: extracting Execel tables with ADO without reordering them

"Lucia" wrote ...

I'm trying to find a way to extract all the worksheets
(tables) from an Excel workbook and having them returned
in the same order in which they're originally defined in
the workbook (not alphabetically).

None I know of. ADO classic's OpenSchema method can be used to return
a recordset of schema info for Excel 'tables' but again in
alphabetical order of name. An Excel table can be a worksheet or a
worksheet- or workbook-level defined Name; you must parse the name to
remove define Names e.g.

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...ing.google.com

Note the TABLE_GUID for an Excel data source is always null, however
the DATE_CREATED field may be of some use to you.

BTW I'm guessing ADO lacks this functionality because tables in a
'normal' DBMS aren't considered to have ordinal positions.

Jamie.