View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default can vba import code to vba project ?

OK. There must be a gas leak in the house & i'm not thinking straight, but i have an idea regarding VBA security i'd like y'all to gun down just so i don't spend hours tinkering and bombaring this place with questions...

It seems that VBA be used to add code to a given module from an external file ie .txt or formal .bas etc If (and it is a very big if) the importing procedure involved actual processing of the data on-the-fly, then core code could be stored in an encrypted external file & imported at runtime and decrypted on the fly (i think there is even a blowfish class for excel around etc).

( Obviously, this sort of flight of fancy would only come to someone who has no idea how to convert a multi-module / form VBA system into a COM / VB app ! )

If code can't be appended, end of discussion. If it can, i suggested on-the-fly decryption as i assumed that "garbage" in would cause some compile errors before the decrpyt system could correct it... it may need to be imported to a blank sheet, decrpyted there and then copied to code - on-the-fly decryption will only work for a few algorythms now i think about it (ie MD5 would need whole string to parse for it to work)

Any comments ? (be gentle - i'll start things with "learn VB...")