Gary L Brown

You need to be clearer.
I'm assuming that you are referring to the 'Comment' object that can be
added to a cell.
Cells do not change position when you filter. They are hidden and
unhidden but cell 'H7' (for example) will stay 'H7' whether it is a part of
your filter or not. The comment also stays with the cell at 'H7'.
When sorting, the comment moves with the cell, so if 'H7' re-sorts to
'H2', the comment that was on 'H7' is now located on 'H2'.

If you're talking about sorting and some text written in a cell, check to
make sure that the comment cell is within the range of the sort. For
example, if your text is in Cell 'H7' but you are sorting only cells 'A1'
thru 'C10', you WILL loose the positioning of the 'comment' cell.

Hope one of these suggestions is what you're looking for.
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''''''Yes'''''''' button next
to ''''''''''''''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".

"cassie" wrote:

Hi everybody -
I have some comments in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet. When I filter the
spreadsheet, the comments do not change position with the cells and end
up far from them? Is there any way I can work around this, eg. by
specifying an event in VB?
Thanks,
Cassie.

--