Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ohkneebee ohkneebee is offline

Default sql.request

I need to do a select from a mysql db so that a cells are updated by the information inserted into neighboring cells. I have looked around, and it seems like i need to use sql.request, but it is not available. I am using excel 2003, and xlodbc is not available. I tried the 2002 version, but it won't install. It gives the error that office xp or 2002 is not found. Can someone help? I'd also appreciate it if anyone could post other methods of doing what I'm trying to do.

e.g. i need to insert a job# in a1 and have a2 pull the job description from a database.