M.Siler

I just attached a file and it posted here. I didn't think it would. Given
that it did, is there anyone that will get upset or is this a good way to
explain something when there's just too much and the actual workbook would
be best?

What about HTML posts?

"M.Siler" wrote in message
So it shall be. Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Invariably we have some work to do, but if we are minded to help, the
format
JE suggests usually works best.

--

HTH

RP

"M.Siler" wrote in message
m...
I never knew about Data Text to Columns...

I like your way, you just have to remember to select on screen 3 of 3
the
radio button for "Do not import column (skip)" and make sure the first
column in the "Data preview" area so the row numbers aren't put in.

OR

Delete Column A when done.

Thanks!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
I prefer

A B C
1 5 Apple Red
2 9 Grape Blue
3 2 Orange Green

but any of your other forms will work - I'd just paste them in and use
Data/Text to Columns to distribute them. However, enclosing the values
in quotes will tend to cause them to be entered as text, which you
might
not want for column A.

In article ,
"M.Siler" wrote:

What is the best way to post data to this newsgroup such that people

kind
enough to help can copy/paste the data into a sheet.

If I had the following:

A1 = 5 B1 = Apple C1 = Red
A2 = 9 B2 = Grape C2 = Blue
A3 = 2 B3 = Orange C3 = Green

I've tried the follow, but nothing seems to work... any suggestions?

5,Apple,Red
9,Grape,Blue
2,Orange,Green

or