Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OldRod[_4_] OldRod[_4_] is offline

Default Problem with a macro

Okay, more information on this problem...

Here's what's happening now. This code is part of a much large
project, so I copied just this module over to another workbook to mak
it easier to work with while trying to fix this problem.

This new workbook contains nothing but the code listed above, and th
code which loads the two workbooks involved, with buttons to fire eac
sub (same as in the original workbook)

It runs fine. Same identical code that crashes in the other project
running on the same two workbooks that it runs on in that project.

In the problematic project, I start excel from scratch, load th
workbook containing all my code, click 'load files', click 'update fun
list' and it crashes at the first time it tries to insert a row.

In the test project, I start excel from scratch, load the workboo
containing all my code click 'load files', click 'update fund list' an
it works without a problem, even inserting about 8-9 rows as it runs.

Ok, so I thought maybe my original workbook was damaged somehow.
copied all my remaining code from the original project over to the ne
project. Re-run the test and it crashes at the first time it tries t
insert a row.

Anyone have an idea what to try next?

Could I be running into some sort of memory limitation in Excel?
recall hearing about an 80meg formula area in some versions. Could I b
tripping that limit in the bigger project? But since the smaller projec
doesn't have all the extra modules in it, it works?

Can anyone help me