Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default faster than VBA macros

It may be how you have written your macro - how you are interfacing with
Excel - how you are recording your results.

But yes, a compiled language such as C++ should be faster than an
interpreted language in most cases.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rimcon" wrote in message
I use a lot of VBA macros in excel (2003). One of them runs 50,000 Monte

Carlo simulations and it takes 3-4 hours to run on a 3 gigaHz machine. I've
seen demos where 100,000 scenarios run in less than 1 minute. I think I need
to learn a faster language to implement my macros. Any recommendations?
C++, C#, something else?
--
GP