Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automate delete macros

Two points.

If you develop code in work time, it is the company 's property not yours?

If the final files do not need the macros, why put them there? Why not just
store them in an other file so that you can use when developing?

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips
"Steven" wrote in message
I have some xl files that have many macros in them. For
example 20 xl files with 10 macros in each file. I have
to give a final version of the files to management. I do
not want management to see my macros...the macros are my
edge.

I have the following macro in it's own xl file that I use
to delete the macros in the other files before I save the
xl files in management's directory.

Sub zzzDeleteMacros()
Dim vStop As Double
vStop = 0
Do Until vStop = 50
Application.SendKeys Keys:="%tmm", Wait:=False
Application.SendKeys Keys:="%D", Wait:=False
Application.SendKeys Keys:="Y", Wait:=False
vStop = vStop + 1
Loop
End Sub

This works fine except that it also will delete the macro
zzzDeleteMacros(). Then I just do not save the delete
macro file. It's name is zzzDeleteMacros() because I want
it to be the last macro in the list of approx 200 or more
macros.

Is there a way to ask the name of the macro selected in
the Macro Run Dialog box so that when it gets to
zzzDeleteMacros() I can show a message "Process Complete"
and then Exit Sub.

Thank you for your help.

Steven