moreta

This works beautifully. Is there a way to put the date in an Excel
header/footer? That would be... excellent!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Hoff

The UDF below goes into a General Module in the workbook.

With your workbook open hit ALT + F11 to get to the VBEditor.

CTRL + r to open the Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and right-click on it and InsertModule.

Copy and paste the DocProps UDF in there.

ALT + Q to go back to Excel.

In a cell enter =DocProps("last save time")

When happy with results, save the workbook.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:15:03 -0800, "Hoff"
wrote:

This sounds like what I'm looking for too, but I when I follow the
instructions, I get an error: "#NAME?" in the cell.
Any ideas?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
a UDF is a user defined function written in VBA (visual Basic for
Applications'). For getting started with this see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Pringles." schrieb im Newsbeitrag
sorry to intrude, but... what exactly is a UDF and how do i make one?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
use the following UDF:

Function DocProps(prop As String)
application.volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter in a cell
=DOCPROPS("last save time")
(format cell as date)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Ranrunr" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
How do I automatically insert the date the current file was last
modified
into a cell in Excel?