Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Garry Douglas Garry Douglas is offline

Default Inserting Blank Lines in Selection

Hi

I'm having a brain fade and can't figure out how to insert blank rows in a
selection without corrupting the selection and returning a Run Time error
424: Object Required.

The text data is from a csv file and is all pasted in Col A. I want to force
a blank line between each variable length record. Each new record starts
with an alpha/numeric string contained in square parentheses.

The abstract of the code I have currently is as follows:

Range("A1").Select
Range(ActiveCell, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
For Each c In Selection
If Left(c.Value, 1) = "[" And c.Offset(-1, 0).Value < "" Then
c.Insert.Row
End If
Next c

The multiple If/And condition on line 4 is needed because some records
already have a blank row separating them. I just want to insert a single
blank row between the records that are not already separated.

Thanks

Garry Douglas

** Please Remove SPMOFF to Reply **