Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default New Menu Name

Here is some sample code that Bob Phillips has previously posted. It adds a
menu before the Help menu.

Sub AddMenu()

Dim cMenu1 As CommandBarControl
Dim cbMainMenuBar As CommandBar
Dim iHelpMenu As Integer
Dim cbcCustomMenu As CommandBarControl

On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("MyMenu").Delete
On Error GoTo 0

Set cbMainMenuBar = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")

iHelpMenu = cbMainMenuBar.Controls("Help").Index

Set cbcCustomMenu = cbMainMenuBar.Controls. _
Add(Type:=msoControlPopup,Befo=iHelpMenu)

cbcCustomMenu.Caption = "MyMenu"

With cbcCustomMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.Caption = "item 1"
.OnAction = "macro1"
End With
With cbcCustomMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.Caption = "item 2"
.OnAction = "macro2"
End With
With cbcCustomMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.Caption = "item 3"
.OnAction = "macro3"
End With

Tom Ogilvy

"pauluk " wrote in message

Can anyone tell me how i can create a new menu with VBA.

I have this code so far which places a menu but i can't figure out how
to give the menu a name

Dim CmdBar As CommandBar
Set CmdBar = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
CmdBar.Controls.Add

---