Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Smith[_2_] Tim Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Help with very repetitive task in excel...is there an answer?

Hi all,

Ok, here's the challenge...

I've got a csv database of text to upload (sql) to my website database. This
database contains all of the information on books that I sell (approx. 1700)
the only problem is, is that I've got two columns of the same text (book
descriptions) that needs to be amended / revised to be the same. That's the
long and relatively easier part of the job.

Column A - Has the text description of the book ie. "Instructions & colour
photos for a variety of socks for all the family".

I want to amend this text and then copy and place in Column B - the trick
is, column B has my html code ie. AUTHOR:
KNITTING<brEDITION:&nbsp;Hardcover<brISBN:&nbsp; 1930500084<brPAGES:&nbsp;
96<brSIZE:&nbsp;140mm x 180mm<br<br<brInstructions & colour photos for a
variety of socks for all the family.

As you can see, the text I want to replace (with what I've amended in column
A) is at the end of this html code. So, short of copying and pasting nearly
2000 lines of text, is there something I can use / do that will copy text
from column A and replace / paste at the end of the code in Column B at a
specific point (ie. after the third <br point.

This may look a bit weird, but the company I obtained the database from
supplied it on a - what you see is what you get basis, in other words, if I
want to use it, I've gotta fix it myself.

I hope that explains - here's hoping someone can assist!

Tim.