Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
patrick molloy patrick molloy is offline

Default Capturing an Error

Sub GetSearchString()
Dim search As String
search = Trim(InputBox("Enter Search Text"))

If search = "" Then
MsgBox "Search Cancelled"
Else
' process the search string

hitting Cancel or clicking OK without entering any text
both result in the retun of an emoty string. So that's
your first test.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP