Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alok Joshi[_2_] Alok Joshi[_2_] is offline

Default In Memory Recordset Without Creating Database

Thank you very much. I hold you in great esteem and regard for helping
in these newsgroups with your vast knoledge and expertise.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
It would be, but apparently there is a memory leak when doing this with ADO
(I don't know about DAO, but that might work).

For ADO, you can do a SavecopyAs and then access that workbook if all you
are doing is read only type queries.

See Mr. Erlandsen's site for sample code for ADO and DAO:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...php?t=envbadac

Tom Ogilvy

"Alok Joshi" wrote in message
Hi
I just want to create a Recordset from the rows in an excel sheet but
without creating a database on the disk. Is this possible either in DAO or
ADO?
I want to do this so that I can query the data more easily.
Alok