Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Excel shortcuts in Root Directory out of nowhere

Hi all,

The company i am working for has a web site running using
vb.net, asp.net, ms sql server 2000, and office web
components 10 technologies. One of the features of the
site is to generate excel reports with data coming from
the SQL 2000 server.

Yesterday we noticed that on our server, a file shortcut
to every Excel reports that the site has generated was
created automatically in the root directory. We tried
looking into our source files but couldn't find the
problem. So far all we know is that a shortcut is created
at the instance the report is being generated.

The server is running on windows 2000. I suspect this is
some sort of virus but since our server is heavily
protected (or so they say), I have no idea what else can
cause it. Any kind of help or advice from you all would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan