Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CDotWin CDotWin is offline

Default Canceling SaveAs dialog box without saving workbook

Please Help!!!!

Problem: I prompt the user it they would like to save the document. If they select Yes then the SaveAs dialog box appears. But if they click the Cancel button on the SaveAs dialog box, it saves the document anyway as "False". How do I return to my code and just resume the next command or event?????

Here's the code that I am using:

saveanswer=msgbox ("Would you like to save?", vbyesno)

If saveanswer=vbyes then
FileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(fileFilter:"Microsof t Excel File (*.xls),*.xls")

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs (FileSaveName)

Elseif saveanswer = vbcancel then
UserForm2.show
End If