Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default In Memory Recordset Without Creating Database

It would be, but apparently there is a memory leak when doing this with ADO
(I don't know about DAO, but that might work).

For ADO, you can do a SavecopyAs and then access that workbook if all you
are doing is read only type queries.

See Mr. Erlandsen's site for sample code for ADO and DAO:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...php?t=envbadac

Tom Ogilvy

"Alok Joshi" wrote in message
Hi
I just want to create a Recordset from the rows in an excel sheet but
without creating a database on the disk. Is this possible either in DAO or
ADO?
I want to do this so that I can query the data more easily.
Alok