Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Range type variable oddness

Nick,

Your Cells properties are not pointing to the TempData worksheet.
They refer to cells on the currently active worksheet. Try

With TempData
Set SearchRange = .Range(.Cells(1,1),.Cell(1,26))
End With

Note the three leading periods.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Nick" wrote in message
I wish to do this:

Dim TempData As Worksheet
Dim SearchRange As Range

Set TempData = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Temp Data")

Set SearchRange = TempData.Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 26))

The code currently comes up with an error message saying
the range method has failed.

I do need to declare tempdata and searchrange separately
cos I will be changing the searchrange in a "for, next"
loop.

I always thought that range was a property of worksheets
not a method. Bit confused and although I have tried many
different variations I can't get one to work.

Any reponse would be, as always, much appreciated.

Nick Shinkins