Leslie

Thank you for your reply. If the labels are in the first row, instead of A1,
A2 and A3 don't you mean A1, B1, C1. I'm new using these functions so any
further explanation is appreciated. Another question, The reason I need this
formula is because I'm creating other workbooks which will each be various
subsets of this worksheet. How does the other worksheet know to pull for
company A, FY 2004 in July instead of company C, FY 2005 for July? I can't
tell from the formula. Thanks again.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Leslie,

Assuming your data table starts in cell A1 of Book Name.xls, sheet "Sheet
Name", with labels across the first row. The compay name you want to look
up is in cell A1, the FY is in cell A2, and the month is in cell A3. Note
that the FY needs to have "FY 2004" not just 2004, to be an exact match of
your data. And your month in cell A3 need to be Jly. etc.

=SUMPRODUCT(('[Book Name.xls]Sheet name'!A1:A1000=A1)*('[Book Name.xls]Sheet
name'!B1:B1000=A2),OFFSET('[Book Name.xls]Sheet
name'!A1:A1000,0,MATCH(A3,'[Book Name.xls]Sheet name'!1:1,FALSE)-1))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Leslie" wrote in message
Below is sample data. I need to be able to lookup a company (company A,

for
example) for fiscal year 2004 and in another workbook I want July's figure

populate the field in the other workbook. The formula also has to take

into
account that on this worksheet you see here, I will be inserting and

possibly
deleting rows at any time. Therefore, the formula needs to be such that if

do that, the cell which is populated in the other workbook is still

correct.
Thanks for any help.

Company FY Jly. Aug. Sep.
A FY 2005 $6,502.20 $9,899.43 $28,916.10
A FY 2004 $6,949.45 $4,065.00 $5,285.64
B FY 2005 $8,116.75 $2,195.40 $747.40
B FY 2004 $2,166.40 $3,816.34 $814.34
C FY 2005 $283.00 $195.00 $1,716.40