Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default algorithm to INVERT a multiarea selection ?

I'd thought about that, but find it too kludgy.
(then again.. i'll compromise my principles for speed..
IF nobody comes with a neater approach..

I hate using temp sheets in an existing book
as the sheet counts gets upped... same reason why
i dont really like 'on the fly' workbooks

Anybody else?... still open for suggestions :)

--
keepITcool

Tom Ogilvy wrote :

I haven't seen any and this apparently been discussed in detail on
compuserv several years ago. My suggestion, although kludgy, was to
use a dummy worksheet, fill the union with constants, clear the
intersection, then use specialcells with the union to return the
inverse.