malik641

Biff Wrote:
Hi!

Why not just use the sort feature from either the standard toolbar or
the
Menu DataSort?

If you really want a formula:

=IF(ISERROR(LARGE(A$1:A$100,COUNT(A$1:A$100)-(ROW(1:1)-1))),"",LARGE(A$1:A$100,COUNT(A$1:A$100)-(ROW(1:1)-1)))

Will sort ascending. Change LARGE to SMALL to sort descending.

Copy down far enough to allow for additional values being added to
column A.

Biff

"Robert" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a column of numbers (column C) with some blank spaces at

the
bottom leaving room to add additional numbers. I want the numbers to
re-sort
automatically whenever I change, add or delete a number. I saw some

posts
on
using the LARGE and RANK functions, but was not able to see how to

apply
them
in my example. Is there a simple way?

thanks in advance for any tips...
Robert

Just curious, how would you make the formula to sort text?

--
malik641
malik641's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24190