Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Getting a String Path from a browser...

Hi Juan,

I think you will find that Bob's suggestion does what you want.

For example, the following allows you to browse for a folder and open a
selected file:

Sub Test()
Dim fname As Variant

fname = Application.GetOpenFilename

Workbooks.Open fname

End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Juan Sanchez" wrote in message
Bob/Andy

Thanks!
Both of your suggestions work great, exept that i need to
get a file selected at the end... It does not allow me to
select a folder. I found sort of what I'm looking for he

http://support.microsoft.com/default...d=kb;es;550902

its in spanish, but the code works fine... it messes with
dll's functions and custom types and some other stuff I
don't understand and have never used...

Simply using the code works great but I don't like to use
things I don't understand... I never know when they'll
fail...

If you know of something simpler to do the same I would
appreciate it...

Regards
JS