Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ryan RBG Ryan RBG is offline

Default Filtering records

Hi,

I have a database (in .xls format for now) that consists of 3 columns:

The first and leftmost column is the criteria column, which has 565
different names, all unique. The middle column is my array column from which
i want to search, which has roughly 1488 group names, in which contains all
565 group names in the first column, plus 923 group names i dont want . The
third column i want to keep in line or match with the second column which is
the account # (basically i want columns 2 and 3 to stay together).
My question is, how can i match up columns "2 and 3" (by name) to column
1 and basically delete all of the extra names in columns 2,3 that dont match
any names in column 1? Ultimately i am trying to match up names with the
account #'s. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. i already did a LOOKUP and VLOOKUP function and got it to work,
however it returned many duplicate records (though there arent any) and
almost screwed up my database!