Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
39N95W[_2_] 39N95W[_2_] is offline

Default "Loading..." Splash Screen in Excel

I f your form is named MyForm, then:

Load MyForm

will load your form into memory.

MyForm.Show

loads your form into memory (if it hasn't been already) and displays it
also.

MyForm.Hide

hides your form but keeps it in memory.

Unload MyForm

hides your form (if it's being displayed) and also unloads it from memory.

HTH.

-gk-

"Gary Phillips" wrote in message
Okay, here's a stupid question. How do I load the form now? I tried to

just Label1.Show but it didn't work.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try again.

Try this approach,

Create a userform with the 'splash' details
Instead of running the macro, load the form and have the form run the

macro
in it's Activate event.
When the macro completes, unload the form programmatically.

Something like

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
myMacro
Unload Me

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gary Phillips" wrote in

message
Okay, I've been tasked with putting a "loading splash screen" on the

screen while a macro works in the background (this macro could take

30-45
seconds). So I created a simple dialog box and have it show itself while

the
macro is loading. Once it finishes I have it hide itself but it doesn't
work. (Box1.Hide) Instead, the user has to click the x button to close

the
dialog box.

How can I make the dialog box close itself?