Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB password protection??

Did you close the workbook (and save it), then reopen?

jwflutterby wrote:

I have a macro that unprotects my workbook, unhides sheets and updates data from external files, then rehides the sheets and reprotects the workbook. I would like users not to be able to just edit the macro to get the password. I have seen several posts suggesting that others lock the VBA project from viewing and set a password. Is there anything else that needs to be done after that to actually have the protection take effect? I went in and set a password and locked the project for viewing but then I was still able to edit the macro and see the password that protects the workbook. Am I missing something??

--

Dave Peterson