Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Editting Formulas Using a Macro

Chuck,

For each formula, use a line like this, which puts a formula in cell A2:

Range("A2").Formula = Replace(Range("A1").Formula, "$A$1", "P-Link")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Chuck H." wrote in message
I am linking a summary spreadsheet with the output cells
of some detailled spreadsheets. To semiautomate the
process I envision linking a test cell to $A$1 in the
target spreadsheet, copying that linked cell with the
appropriate path to a number of other cells, and then
going in and editting "$A$1" at the end of the formula to
another name, "P-Link" for example.

My problem is that my M.O. for using the RECORD MACRO
option to see how to do the required function yields only
the finished edit, without intermediate steps.

Suspect it has to do with how the cell or value is
dimensioned, or something, but don't know.

Looking forward to hearing from someone who has been
there.

Chuck H.